Pages

Sunday 17 October 2010

People Who Don’t Like Dogs

“A dog is the only thing on Earth that loves you more than you love yourself” -Josh Billings

I truly believe there is a physiological difference between people who don’t like dogs and those that do. There is also a big difference between “not wanting” and “hating” dogs.

People that do not want dogs are an okay group. It may be that their lives do not allow time for them to properly care for a beloved companion. Others may have allergies, or a true fear of animals. Whatever the reason they choose to not own a dog is acceptable in my world.

It breaks my heart for someone who owns a dog but doesn’t treat them like a part of the family. They only provide the necessities and no companionship. Why then even have a dog? Dogs like humans need love and caring for their well being. For a dog to be tied up or left in a pen outside with minimal contact is incomprehensible to me. If one cannot be good to a creature, how are they going to be kind to a human who is way more demanding than a pet could ever be?

Then there are the people who say they hate dogs. They really bother me! Hate is such a definite statement, people should think twice before saying it. In my opinion it is an insensitive statement from an ignorant and closed-minded person. Their opinions and attitudes are of a hostile nature, right up there with the “I hate this or I hate that” type. I am more of a dog person than a cat person but to say I hate cats would never enter my mind. I don’t hate them, I would just rather not have one as a pet. I feel the individuals who aren’t into dogs are more wrapped up in themselves and emotionally incapable of any particular real depth of feelings or displaying affection. If one has that trait how then can they have any meaningful relationship? I will admit that I am a little biased!

A lot of the people I know who hate dogs, cats, or pets in general are also really picky about a lot of other things. We all know the persnickety anal types who could not stand to clean up a mess or ever get dirty. I don’t understand them and find them to be very cold hearted individuals lacking the nurturing and loving instinct.

My grandmother always told me beware of someone that children and dogs do not like or trust. I have always found this is an excellent measure of a person.

Now I feel much better for getting that off my chest!

Tagged as: animal cruelty

No comments:

Post a Comment